| On-Line Brochure
| About Our Students
UL Lafayette Folklore Faculty
Graduate Faculty in Folklore:
For a more detailed account of each of the faculty members below,
please click on the name.
- Barry Jean Ancelet (Professor
of Modern Languages and Head of the Department): Cajun and Creole
folklore and music, Francophone literature, public folklore.
- Ray Brassieur (Assistant Professor of Anthropology): material
folk culture, Cajun and Creole folklore.
- Marcia Gaudet (Professor of English and Head of the Department):
folklore and literature, Louisiana folklore, folk narrative.
Laudun (Assistant Professor of English): folklore theory,
narrative studies, folk art and material culture, African American
Associated Faculty & Specializations:
- Mathe Allain (Modern Languages): Magreb culture and literature,
- Jim Anderson (English):Old English and Medieval studies.
- Carl Brasseaux (History): Louisiana history and culture.
- Robert Carriker (History): Public history.
- Jacques Henry (Sociology and Anthropology): Louisiana culture.
- Mark Honneger(English): sociolinguistics and second language acquisition.
- Claiborne Rice (English): cognitive linguistics and corpus theory.
- Patricia Rickels (Honors Program): folklore studies and African
- Dominique Ryon (Modern Languages): linguistics.