|news & events | for media | about us | la louisiane | faculty assistance | logos & licensing|
|Contact: Christine Payton||March 12, 2007|
|(337) 482-6397, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|COLLEGE OF ARTS PRESENTS ‘FESTIVAL OF ARTS’
| The College of the Arts at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette is presenting the Festival of the Arts beginning March 17 and lasting through March 23. This week-long event will showcase all elements of the College of the Arts and will include a fashion show, lectures, art shows, concerts, dance and theater.
Open to the public and the student body, the events schedule is as follows:
Saturday, March 17
• UAM/SOAD Fashion Runway Show, to be held at 2 p.m. at the Paul and Lulu Hilliard University Art Museum. Admission is $10.
• UL Lafayette Symphony Orchestra Guest String and Soloist Concert, to be held at 7 p.m. in Angelle Hall. Admission is free.
Sunday, March 18
• Screening of I Always Do My Collars First, a film by Allison Bohl and Conni Castille; the first release from the newly established Cinematic Arts Workshop at UL Lafayette, to be held at Bayou Bijou in the Student Union at 2 p.m. Admission is $10.
Monday, March 19
• Lecture by Shashi Caan, interior designer and former chair of Interior Design at Parson's School of Design, New York City, to be held at the LITE facility in the research park at 3 p.m. Admission is $10.
• Moliere Than Thou, a stage adaptation of some of the most hilarious speeches from Moliere's plays. Written and performed by Timothy Mooney; actor/writer and Artistic Director of Stage Two Theatre, Chicago, to be held in Fletcher Hall Auditorium at 7 p.m. Admission is $10.
Tuesday, March 20
• Art as Business, a roundtable of local professional artists of all kinds, to be held in Fletcher Hall Auditorium at 7 p.m. Admission is free.
Wednesday, March 21
• Lecture by John Byrd, ceramicist from University of South Florida, to be held in Fletcher Hall Auditorium at 3 p.m. Admission is free.
• Opening of the 2007 Louisiana Ceramics Invitational, to be held in the Dean's Gallery in Fletcher Hall at 5 p.m. Admission is free.
• UL Symphony Orchestra and Percussion Ensemble Performance, to be held in Fletcher Hall Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
Thursday, March 22
• Lecture entitled “Touching Emotion…Why Good Design is not Good Enough Anymore” by Mark Dziersk, Head of Design at Herbst LaZar Bell in Chicago, to be held in Fletcher Hall Auditorium at 3 p.m. Admission is free.
• Opening of the 2007 Juried Student Art Show, to be held in the Student Union Gallery at 6 p.m. Admission is free.
• An Evening of Dance, to be held at Angelle Hall at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
Friday, March 23
• Lecture by Allen Eskew, architect for the new University Art Museum, to be held at Fletcher Hall Auditorium at 12 p.m. Admission is free.
• Studio Art Walk, to be held in Fletcher hall at 7 p.m. Cocktail attire is required, $50 per ticket admission.
• An Evening of Dance, performance in Angelle Hall at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
The week culminates on Friday with a Studio Art Walk through Fletcher hall. This cocktail-attire event will highlight all the departments in the College of the Arts and will also feature a silent auction of student and faculty work.
Tickets for the Festival of the Arts events will be $10 at the door for each ticketed person. A special Festival pass is available for $50, and the Studio Art Walk tickets are $50 per person. A Patron's Pass is available for $75, which provides exclusive entrance into all festival events.
All proceeds from the events will benefit SPARK, the College's Annual Campaign, which provides funds for the enhancement of a variety of programs in the College of the Arts.
Call (337) 482-6224 to reserve your tickets or visit http://arts.louisiana.edu for a schedule of events, times and locations.
Document last revised Monday, March 12, 2007 9:40 AM
© Copyright 2003 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Public Relations and News Services · Martin Hall Room 319
Post Office Box 41009, Lafayette LA 70504-1009, USA
337/482-6397 · 337/482-5908 (fax) · email@example.com