|news & events | for media | about us | la louisiane | faculty assistance | logos & licensing|
|Contact: Christine Payton||Nov. 14, 2007|
|(337) 482-6397, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|UL LAFAYETTE FOUNDATION RECOGNIZES DONORS
| Donors to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette were recognized by the UL Lafayette Foundation during a reception Tuesday night.
Each year, the Foundation takes time to honor donors of new endowments. This year’s honorees helped establish one chair, 14 professorships, nine scholarships along with faculty development funds and athletic endowments.
The endowments are represented each with a plaque in the Distinguished Donor Hall of Honor in Martin Hall. This year’s additions brings the total number of plaques in the Hall to 277. Each plaque includes the names of the donors and represents a contribution of $50,000 or more.
“ Each year we look forward to adding more plaques to our Hall of Honor and this year is no different,” said Julie Bolton Falgout, executive director of the Foundation. “We once again are honored to recognize the generous donors who continue to support this university. Their commitment to UL Lafayette is unmatched.”
The Distinguished Donor Hall of Honor recognizes private gifts given to the university. These gifts generate funds in perpetuity.
The principal from the endowment remains in a perpetual fund that continues to increase while earned income is distributed as dedicated for student scholarships, professor salaries or research supplements.
Through the Board of Regents Support Fund, the state matches funds raised by the university of endowed chairs and professorships. For every $600,000 UL Lafayette receives for an endowed chair, the state matches $400,000, bringing each chair to $1 million. Likewise for every $60,000 UL Lafayette receives for a professorship, the state provides a $40,000 match, bringing each professorship to $100,000.
“ Our donors are helping this university for years to come,” said Dr. Ray Authement, UL Lafayette president. “These endowments are established now and live on forever. Students years from now and faculty years from now will continue to benefit from these endowments.”
On Tuesday, donors who established these endowments were honored:
• American Legion Hospital Endowed Professorship in Health Care Administration
• Dr. Paul A. Barefield Endowed Professorship in Communication
• Dailey J. Berard Endowed Scholarship in Engineering
• Marvin and Warren Boudreaux Endowed Scholarship in Chemistry
• Dr. Tommy Comeaux Memorial Endowed Professorships in Traditional Music VIII & IX
• Hubert “Red” and Gertrude Dumesnil Endowed Professorship in Economics
• Girard Family Trust Endowed Professorships in Engineering and Music IV
• Thomas R. and Connie T. Galloway Endowed Professorships in Business
Administration III & IV
• Agnes K. Godchaux Endowed Scholarship in Business Administration
• Willie Mae Guillory Memorial Endowed Scholarship
• Hahnville High School Class of 1957 - 50th Anniversary Endowed Scholarships in Education and Engineering
• LAGCOE Endowed Scholarship
• Alfred and Helen Lamson Endowed Professorship in Computer Science
• Alfred Lamson Faculty Senate Endowed Scholarship
• Drs. Chuck and Sue Lein Endowed Professorship in Management
• Florence Mauboules Endowed Professorship in Business Administration
• Maisie and Grant Molett Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
• Leon and Catherine Moncla Memorial Athletic Endowment
• Mr. & Mrs. E. P. “Pat” Nalley Endowed Professorship in Business Administration IV
• Bill Paine - Lafayette Geological Society Endowed Faculty Development Fund in Geology
• Dr. A. Hayatdavoudi/Louis Records Endowed Scholarship in Petroleum Engineering
• Philip and Jean Piccione Endowed Professorships in Statistics III & IV
• Paula Chavers Rockhold Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair in Child Development
• Mary and Dave Romagosa Endowed Professorship in Business Administration
• South Louisiana Mid-Winter Fair Association Endowed Professorship in Renewable Resources
• Alexandre Theriot, Jr. & Loretta Durand Theriot Endowed Professorship in Business Administration.
Document last revised Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:07 AM
© Copyright 2003 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Public Relations and News Services · Martin Hall Room 319
Post Office Box 41009, Lafayette LA 70504-1009, USA
337/482-6397 · 337/482-5908 (fax) · email@example.com