|news & events | for media | about us | la louisiane | faculty assistance | logos & licensing|
|Contact: Christine Payton||Jan. 23, 2008|
|(337) 482-6397, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CELEBRATION TO KICK OFF BLACK HISTORY MONTH
| A kickoff to Black History Month is planned for Jan. 31 at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. From 5 to 6:30 p.m., the public is invited to join the campus community for this third annual event at the Student Union Ballroom.
The kickoff party is the first in a series of campus activities that celebrate Black History Month. This year’s theme follows the national theme of “Carter G. Woodson, The Origins of Multiculturalism.” Woodson, an author and historian, is known as the founder of Black History Month.
Students from various Greek organizations will once again perform a Unity Step and the Gospel Choir is scheduled to sing. Other music will be provided as well as food and door prizes.
Black History Month events happening at UL Lafayette during February include:
• Feb. 11 - “Heart of Africa Project” Fashion Show, 7 p.m. Student Union Ballroom.
• Feb. 12 - Mr. and Miss Umoja Pageant, 7 p.m., Student Union Ballroom.
• Feb. 13 - Flaws and All: Black Health, 7 p.m., Student Union Evangeline Room.
• Feb. 19 - “A Tribute to Greatness: African American Greeks at Their Best,” 7 p.m., Student Union Ballroom.
• Feb. 20 - Flaws and All: Black Entertainment, 7 p.m., Student Union Evangeline Room.
• Feb. 21 - Gospel Extravaganza, 7 p.m., Student Union Ballroom.
• Feb. 27 - Flaws and All: Black Cuisine, 7 p.m., Student Union Evangeline Room.
Events are subject to change. For more information, contact the Office of Campus Diversity at 482-6464 or visit http://diversity.louisiana.edu/events.shtml
Document last revised Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:52 AM
© Copyright 2003 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Public Relations and News Services · Martin Hall Room 319
Post Office Box 41009, Lafayette LA 70504-1009, USA
337/482-6397 · 337/482-5908 (fax) · email@example.com