|news & events | for media | about us | la louisiane | faculty assistance | logos & licensing|
|Contact: Christine Payton||May 23, 2008|
|(337) 482-6397, email@example.com|
|UL LAFAYETTE HONORS NINE WITH PERFECT GPA FOR GRADUATION
| Nine students from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will be honored for perfect 4.0 grade point averages during Spring commencement exercises on May 24.
The nine are UL Lafayette’s top graduates for the Spring 2008 semester. They include:
• Matthew Joseph Couvillon, son of Lisa and Brent Hollier and Jude and Jessica Couvillon all of Abbeville. Couvillon will receive a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the College of the Arts. He majored in Performing Arts with a concentration in dance.
• Malorie Dawn Fruge, daughter of Teddy and Sonia Fruge of Opelousas. Fruge will receive a Bachelor of General Studies from the College of General Studies. She majored in General Studies, Applied Sciences.
• Catherine Maria Guidry, daughter of Peter and Carrie Guidry of Morgan City. Guidry will receive a Bachelor of Science degree from the College of the Arts. She majored in Architectural Studies.
• Malorie Claire Hebert, daughter of Clesma Joseph and Annette Hebert of Jeanerette. Hebert will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration. She majored in Finance.
• Kimberly Beth Hoffpauir, daughter of Mitchel and Barbara Hoffpauir of Rayne. Hoffpauir will receive a Bachelor of Science degree from the Ray P. Authement College of Sciences. She majored in Biology.
• Jenna Michelle Lachney, daughter of Roger and Marguerite Lachney of Mansura. Lachney will receive an Honors Bachelor of Science from the College of Education with a major in Secondary Education (concentration in Art Education 7-12) and an Honors Bachelor of Arts from the College of Liberal Arts with a major in Sociology and a minor in Visual Arts.
• Josephine June Ngo McKelvy, wife of James Markus McKelvy and daughter of Jack and Gine Ngo of Lafayette. McKelvy will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree from the College of Liberal Arts. She majored in Sociology.
• Erin Lindsay Shelton, daughter of James and Marcia Shelton of Lafayette. Shelton will receive a Bachelor of Science degree from the College of the Arts. She majored in Fashion Design and Merchandising.
• Matthew Karl Zaunbrecher, son of Karl and Lynda Zaunbrecher of Saranac Lake, N.Y. Zaunbrecher will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the B.I. Moody III College of Business Administration. He majored in Management.
ABOUT UL LAFAYETTE
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is the second largest university in the state, with over 16,000 students. It ’s a public institution that awards bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. It includes diverse offerings from the humanities to scientific research and leads the nation in areas like computer science, biology and nursing. Its student-athletes – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns – compete in NCAA Division I, the highest level of collegiate competition.
Document last revised Friday, May 23, 2008 6:34 PM
© Copyright 2003 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Public Relations and News Services · Martin Hall Room 319
Post Office Box 41009, Lafayette LA 70504-1009, USA
337/482-6397 · 337/482-5908 (fax) · firstname.lastname@example.org