|news & events | for media | about us | la louisiane | faculty assistance | logos & licensing|
|Contact: Christine Payton||Oct. 3, 2011|
|(337) 482-6397, firstname.lastname@example.org|
‘HAVE NO FEAR, THE CAJUNS ARE HERE!’
Homecoming 2011 at UL Lafayette Saturday, Oct. 15
|The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is geared
up for Homecoming 2011 with a slate of activities that begin
Sunday, Oct. 9.
The customary Homecoming Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Sunday at Our Lady of Wisdom Catholic Church on campus. Also Sunday, the UL Lafayette Alumni Association will host Ragin’ Cajuns bowling at Lafayette Lanes from 4 to 6 p.m.
On Monday, the annual Kickoff Party will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Alumni Center. Later in the week, Lafayette businesses and schools will paint the town red.
Here’s a look at the full schedule:
Sunday, Oct. 9
• Mass and reception at Our Lady Wisdom Catholic Church at 11 a.m. The public is invited to attend.
• Bowling at Lafayette Lanes from 4 to 6 p.m.
• Spirit displays will be from 5 to 6 p.m. at Dupré Library
Monday, Oct. 10
• Cake giveaway and spirit banner signing at 11:45 a.m. on the Student Union porch
• Kickoff Party from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Alumni Center
• Cajun karaoke at 6:30 p.m. in the Student Union ballroom
Tuesday, Oct. 11
• Carnival in the Quad from noon to 2 p.m. Open to all students.
Wednesday, Oct. 12
• Paint the Town Red – Businesses from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Cajuns Can Care from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Drop off boxed and labeled canned goods at the Alumni Center.
• Game Show Night at 7 p.m. in the Student Union ballroom
• College of the Arts’ Beaux Arts Ball at 7 p.m. at River Oaks featuring award-winning set designer Joe Stewart with special guest actress Kate Linder with The Young and the Restless soap opera.
Thursday, Oct. 13
• Paint the Town Red – Schools from 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Yell Like Hell at 7 p.m. at Parc International
Friday, Oct. 14
• Tennis Tournament from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Red Lerille’s Health Club
• Bill Bass Open Golf Tournament from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Acadian Hills Country Club
• Paint the Town Red – Downtown Alive! at Park Sans Souci starting at 5:30 p.m. featuring Horace Trahan and the Ossun Express
• Homecoming Concert featuring the UL Lafayette Wind Ensemble at 7:30 p.m. in Angelle Hall auditorium. Free admission.
Saturday, Oct. 15
• Ragin’ Road Race (5K fun run) at 8 a.m. at the Alumni Center
• Open House at the Alumni Center from 9:30 a.m. to noon.
• Red Jackets Reunion at 9:30 a.m. at the Alumni Center
• Homecoming parade will begin at 10 a.m.
• Home Economics Luncheon at Don’s Seafood and Steakhouse, downtown from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Ragin’ Red Tailgating Cook-off and Alumni Tailgating at 1 p.m. at Cajun Field.
• Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns will take on North Texas at 4 p.m. at Cajun Field
• “Remember When..” Celebrating 20 years of the Christiana Smith African American Alumni Chapter reception at the Alumni Center starting at 8 p.m.
For more information on these and other Homecoming activities, please visit www.LOUISIANAalumni.org.
About UL Lafayette
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is the second largest university in the state, with over 16,000 students. It’s a public institution that awards bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. It includes diverse offerings from the humanities to scientific research and leads the nation in areas like computer science, biology and nursing. Its student-athletes – Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns – compete in NCAA Division I, the highest level of collegiate competition.
Document last revised Tuesday, October 4, 2011 1:49 PM
© Copyright 2003 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Public Relations and News Services · Martin Hall Room 319
Post Office Box 41009, Lafayette LA 70504-1009, USA
337/482-6397 · 337/482-5908 (fax) · email@example.com