|news & events | for media | about us | la louisiane | faculty assistance | logos & licensing|
|Contact: Christine Payton||Nov. 17, 2011|
|(337) 482-6397, email@example.com|
|UL LAFAYETTE FOUNDATION RECOGNIZES DISTINGUISHED DONORS|
|The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Foundations
paid tribute to UL Lafayette donors during a recent reception.
Each year, the Foundation gets the opportunity to honor donors of new endowments. This year’s honorees helped establish 16 endowments including endowed chairs, professorships and scholarships.
Each endowment is represented with a plaque in the Distinguished Donor Hall of Honor in Martin Hall. This year’s additions bring the total number of plaques in the Hall to 315. Each plaque includes the names of the donors and represents a contribution of $50,000 or more.
The Distinguished Donor Hall of Honor recognizes private gifts given to the university. These gifts generate funds in perpetuity.
The principal from the endowment remains in a perpetual fund that is invested while earned income is distributed for student scholarships, professor salaries, research supplements or other designated programs. To date, the Foundation’s endowment is valued at more than $103 million with more than 920 endowed funds.
Opportunities available through the Board of Regents Support Fund allows for funds raised to be matched by the state for endowed chairs and professorships. As as example, for every $600,000 UL Lafayette receives for an endowed chair, the state matches $400,000, bringing each chair to $1 million. Likewise for every $60,000 UL Lafayette receives for a professorship, the state provides a $40,000 match, bringing each professorship to $100,000. The Board of Regents offers a similar program for first-generation endowed scholarships.
Donors who established the following endowments were recently honored:
• Acadiana Business Economist Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair in Economics
• Dr. Doris Broussard Bentley Endowed Professorship in Business Administration
• Frem Boustany Jr., M.D. Memorial Endowed Nursing Scholarship
• Beatrice Joseph Boustany First Generation Endowed Scholarship
• Anne M. and Dwight T. Coles Endowed Honors Scholarship
• Sammie and Shirley Cosper Family Endowed Scholarship
• Paul D. Dugas Memorial Endowed Scholarship
• Fletcher-Elliott Endowed Nursing, Engineering and Science scholarships
• James H. Harper/South Louisiana Mid-Winter Fair Association Endowed Professorship
• Donald and Janice Mosing Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair in Mechanical Engineering
• Mr. and Mrs. E.P. “Pat” Nalley Endowed Professorship in Business Administration 2011
• Philip and Jean Piccione Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair in Statistics
• Rayne State Bank U. J. “Ducky” Prevost Endowed Scholarship
• Edward Jacobs “Jake” Smith Memorial Endowed Scholarship and the Edwards Jacobs “Jake” Smith Memorial First Generation Endowed Scholarship
• David Trosclair Memorial Scholarship
• Woman’s Club Endowed Scholarship.
Document last revised Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:49 AM
© Copyright 2003 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Public Relations and News Services · Martin Hall Room 319
Post Office Box 41009, Lafayette LA 70504-1009, USA
337/482-6397 · 337/482-5908 (fax) · firstname.lastname@example.org