|news & events | for media | about us | la louisiane | faculty assistance | logos & licensing|
CONTACT: Kathleen Thames
|Sept. 28, 2012|
|Homecoming Events Fuel Ragin' Cajun Spirit|
|Ragin' Cajun fans have plenty of ways to celebrate the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's 2012 Homecoming.
The week before the Saturday, Oct. 6, Homecoming football game is packed with activities that range from bowling to a costume ball to a road race. One of the highlights: a traditional parade on Homecoming Day.
This year's Homecoming theme is "The Ragin' Cajun Games!" It's based on board games, such as Scrabble®, chess and checkers.
Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns® will face Tulane University's Green Wave at 4 p.m. at Cajun Field on Homecoming Day.
Here's a look at the full schedule of Homecoming events:
Sunday, Sept. 30
• Newman Club Alumni Breakfast, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Our Lady of Wisdom Catholic Church, Jeanmard Hall
• Homecoming Mass and Reception, 11 a.m., Our Lady of Wisdom Catholic Church. The public is invited to attend.
• Ragin' Cajuns Bowling, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., Lafayette Lanes
• Spirit Displays, in front of Dupré Library through Friday, Oct. 5
Monday, Oct. 1
• Cake giveaway and students sign "Good Luck" banner for the Ragin' Cajuns that will be placed at Cajun Field, 11:45 a.m., Guillory Hall deck
• Student karaoke contest, 6:30 p.m, Angelle Hall Auditorium. The public is invited to attend.
Tuesday, Oct. 2
• Paint the Town Red – Business, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Carnival in the Quad, noon to 2 p.m. Open to all students.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
• Paint the Town Red – Schools, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Cajuns Can Care annual food drive, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Alumni Center
Thursday, Oct. 4
• College of Nursing Alumni Chapter Reception, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Alumni Center
• Yell Like Hell, 6:30 p.m., Parc International. Open to the public.
• UL Lafayette Wind Ensemble Concert, 8 p.m., Angelle Hall Auditorium. This free event is open to the public.
Friday, Oct. 5
• Tennis Tournament, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Red Lerille's Health and Racquet Club
• Bill Bass Open Golf Tournament, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Les Vieux Chenes Golf Course
• Paint the Town Red - Downtown Alive! UL Lafayette Homecoming Pep Rally, Parc Sans Souci, 5:30 p.m., with a performance by 5th Avenue
• National Pan Hellenic Council Step Show, 6 p.m., Blackham Coliseum.
• Ragin' Cajuns Lettermen Club Hall of Fame Reception, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Alumni Center
• Beaux Arts Ball, 7 p.m. at River Oaks Catering and Event Center, 520 Kaliste Saloom Road. Reservation required.
Saturday, Oct. 6
• Ragin' Road Race (5K run/walk), 8 a.m., Alumni Center
• Open House, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Alumni Center
• Homecoming Parade, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., viewing at Alumni Center
• Home Economics Luncheon, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Don's Seafood and Steakhouse, downtown
• Red Jackets Reunion, 11:30 a.m., Alumni Center
• Alumni Association Tailgating Party, 1 p.m., Cajun Field
• Tailgating at Cajun Field, 1 p.m.
• Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns vs. Tulane Green Wave, 4 p.m., Cajun Field
• Christiana Smith Chapter's "Sweet Sounds of Sharing," starting at 8 p.m., Alumni Center
For more information, go to www.LOUISIANAalumni.org
Document last revised Friday, September 28, 2012 10:21 AM
© Copyright 2003 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Public Relations and News Services · Martin Hall Room 319
Post Office Box 41009, Lafayette LA 70504-1009, USA
337/482-6397 · 337/482-5908 (fax) · firstname.lastname@example.org