||COMPUTING SUPPORT SERVICES
Directory of Services
- UCS Accounts: UCS accounts are available to all students, faculty and staff. Accounts can be activated by bringing a pictured ID to the Help Desk (Stephens Hall, Room 201). Assistance in using this account can also be obtained at the Help Desk.
- UCS Password Changes: A forgotten UCS or SL password can be changed by bringing a pictured ID to the Help Desk.
- UCS Projects: Special project accounts can be obtained by faculty or staff. The forms for applying for a special project are available at the Help Desk.
- Web Server FTP Accounts: Designated web liaisons for University departments and student organizations may contact Eric Soirez about access to the University's primary Web server.
- AUTOMATED TEST SCORING
- Tescan: Computing Support Services offers automated test scoring via the Tescan facility. For assistance, contact Nola Navarre.
- General Consulting: General consulting on UCS accounts, basic PC problems, or other issues is available at the Help Desk (482-5516, Stephens Hall Room 201).
- Statistical Packages: Consultation on SPSS, SAS, or Minitab is available from Evelyn Bullard.
- PC Consulting: Contact Nola Navarre for help with major PC or Mac problems.
- Web Design & Layout: Designated web liaisons for University departments and student organizations may consult with Eric Soirez about Web site construction.
- DISK SPACE ALLOCATION
- UCS PROJECTS: Any faculty or staff member who needs more space allocated for a project on UCS should contact the Help Desk.
- On-Line Documentation: On-Line Documentation is available, courtesy of Computing Support Services.
- Other Documentation: The Help Desk has handouts on a number of topics, as well as books on SAS, SPSS, and other packages.
- NETWORK ACCESS
- Communications Configuration: To have an on-campus computer configured to connect to UL Lafayette's network, call Bob Sonnier to make an appointment.
- Conference Center: Printouts from the Hewlett-Packard LaserJet 8000DN & HP9050DN (conflp) printers may be retrieved at the Printout Services Area in the Conference Center (Room 153) as scheduled.
- Stephens Hall: Printouts from the Xerox 4112 Enterprise Printing System (EPS) (smhxlp) may be retrieved at the Printout Services Area in Stephens Hall (Room 110) as scheduled.
- TESCAN: Printouts from TESCAN may be picked up in the Directors' Office (Stephens Hall, Room 321) on weekdays from 7:30am to 11:45am and from 12:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Conference Center Workstations: Faculty and staff may contact Carol Edwards to reserve workstations during times of low-usage.
- Stephens Hall Workstations: Faculty and staff may contact Carol Edwards to reserve workstations during times of low-usage.
- Stephens Hall Projector: University departments and student organizations may contact Mary Domingue to reserve the projector. The projector's remote control may be picked up from, and returned to, Mary Domingue.
- SHORT COURSES
- Word-Processing and Internet Use: Short courses on word processing and Internet use are available to faculty (for teaching faculty or for classes) and staff. Contact the Help Desk (482-5516) at least one week in advance to schedule. Our orientation sessions are particularly popular.
- Other Topics: Short courses are available on other topics as well. Contact Evelyn Bullard for more information.
© Copyright 2009 by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette
Computing Support Services, P.O. Box 42770, Lafayette LA 70504
Telephone: (337) 482-5516 · Electronic Mail: email@example.com